Dental crowns and bridges are restorative techniques used to correct and restore the lost tooth. A damaged tooth may either need to be restored using crowns that will cover the teeth entirely to make it look natural and healthy, or use bridges that will help restore the missing teeth. The dentist in San Jose, CA, Dr. Aida Galan provides patients with crowns and bridges at her facility.
When do we need Dental Crowns and Bridges?
The dentist in San Jose, Dr. Aida Galan, provides patients with crowns and bridges. They are restorative appliances that are useful in situations when your teeth have become infected, damaged, or broken due to reasons. By using bridges and crowns patients can enjoy the freedom of having a full-function set of teeth and gain confidence as they improve the look and feel of the teeth.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a cap-like structure that will surround the damaged tooth. They are used to restore a tooth that has been damaged. They can also be used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of the smile. Crowns can generally be of three different forms: all-metal, ceramic-on-metal, and all-ceramic. Galan DNTL in San Jose provides patients with dental crowns.
Benefits of Dental Crowns:
- Earlier, the only solution to broken teeth were extractions. But today, crowns are a safer and easier option to pave a solution to this dilemma.
- Crowns will help patients to tolerate the pain from having to perform extractions.
- They are easier to insert and will last longer.
When do we need Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns may be necessary for a variety of reasons. Here are a few reasons why you must get a dental crown.
- When teeth require repair from fracture or chips.
- Severe cases of tooth decay.
- In cases of completing a root canal procedure.
- Anchoring bridges into its correct place.
- Restoration of dental implants.
- While correcting cosmetic issues.
Prior to the insertion of crowns, Dr. Galan will carefully examine to check whether this is the best option for you.
Porcelain Dental Crowns
Porcelain Dental Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are used to cover damaged teeth to restore its healthy look, shape, and, size. These crowns will be permanently inserted into place fully covering the entire visible portion of the damaged tooth. The dentist at San Jose, Dr. Galan is trained to accurately place dental crowns. She recommends Porcelain crowns are the best as they help to provide a natural appearance to your teeth.
When do you need Porcelain Crowns?
There are several functions that porcelain crowns can serve in restoring your damaged teeth.
Here are some of the reasons why they are suggestive:
- They help to restore a tooth that has been broken or worn down.
- Restore a tooth that has been weakened due to breakage.
- Support tooth that has been exposed to large amounts of fillings.
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are restorative techniques used to fill the missing gaps between teeth. In cases of missing teeth, dental bridges are used to fill the gap between them. Dr. Galan will help you regain a healthy smile with the help of dental bridges.
Why do you need Dental Bridges?
The dentist at San Fransico, Dr. Galan suggests that dental bridges are a smart way to restore the natural look and feel of the teeth. There are some vital reasons why one with dental problems such as missing teeth must opt for bridges. Here are some of the reasons why we recommend dental bridges as a smart solution to a healthy smile.
- Loss of tooth may result in drifting of the adjacent teeth that will certainly lead to greater dental problems.
- The gap between teeth can result in further loss of the tooth, fractured teeth, jaw pain, and unexplained headaches.
- Leaving untreated gaps may result in gum disease and other dental hygiene issues.
How do Dental Bridges work?
Our patients will be given the opportunity to wear dental bridges in order to replace lost teeth without the need to wear dentures or even undergoing surgery. The fresh tooth will be held in place with the help of crowns. The bridges will be made out of ceramic or porcelain material to match the surrounding teeth. It is recommended that you whiten your teeth before the procedures as the restoratives used are stain and bleach resistant. If the bridges are created to match yellow teeth, it will remain yellow even if you try to whiten the teeth at a later stage.
Book an appointment at Galan DNTL, San Jose, CA, and we will guide you more on your dental restorations.