At Galan Dental, Santa Clara, CA, we offer several types of general dentistry services to ensure the health of your smile and prevent diseases. Our team is well-versed in providing you with the best general dentistry services, including preventive, general, and cosmetic dentistry.
At Galan Dental, Santa Clara, CA, we do not follow a one-size-fits-all approach to dental care. Our dentists will conduct a thorough needs assessment before deciding on the treatment plan for you. This will help us understand your unique dental condition and provide you with the best treatment options.
During your initial appointment at Galan Dental, Santa Clara, CA, our dentists will:
- Assess your medical history to determine any allergies or adverse reactions to dental treatments or materials.
- Go over your dental goals and preferences to determine what kind of treatment is best for you.
- Diagnose dental conditions and provide suitable treatments
- Document all procedures performed during your appointments.
- Provide instructions on how to maintain your new smile after the treatment.
What are the procedures performed by general dentists at Galan Dental, Santa Clara, CA?
At Galan Dental, Santa Clara, we offer the following general dentistry services:
- Teeth Cleaning: Dental cleaning is an essential part of general dentistry. The dentist cleans your teeth to remove plaque and tartar deposits from your teeth and gums before performing more complex treatments. The process of cavity removal also involves teeth cleaning.
- Root Canal Treatment:Root canal treatment involves the cleaning of the pulp inside the tooth's root canal to remove the decayed tissues. The treatment is carried out to save a severely decayed tooth from being extracted.
- Tooth Extraction: Tooth extraction refers to the process of removing a tooth from its socket by extracting it with forceps and a high-speed motorized drill. The process is performed when a tooth has been severely decayed or infected and cannot be treated through root canal therapy or restorative procedures such as dental implants or bridges.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Cosmetic dentistry covers all those procedures aimed at improving your smile by enhancing your smile's appearance using different cosmetic treatments like veneers, porcelain bonding, fillings, crowns, bridges, etc.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are cap-like structures that cover damaged or decayed teeth entirely to protect their structure and enhance their appearance. They are made from ceramic materials that resemble natural teeth in their color, shape, texture, and translucence.
- Cavity Treatment:Cavities are caused due to the accumulation of plaque and tartar on the teeth surfaces. They often cause oral infections and can only be treated by removing decayed tissues from inside the tooth's cavities and filling them with suitable material like composite resin or amalgam.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are preferred by patients who wish to replace their missing natural teeth as they offer excellent durability and strength while looking aesthetically pleasing.
If you are looking for the best general dentist in or around Santa Clara, Dr. Galan can help meet your expectations with the best specialist based on your specific needs. To know more about the general dentistry services provided by Dr. Galan, call us at (408) 377-8200 or schedule an appointment online.