We are committed to your health and safety.
The following are some new processes you will see for your next appointment. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- You may be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office.
- We will be taking your temperature at every appointment, and if the temperature is above >100.4 degrees, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Patients are asked not to bring others into the dental practice unless they are parents or guardians of patients who are minors or are special needs patients. If someone accompanies a patient, they will be asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the office.
- You will be asked to wash your hands with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer we will have available as soon as you enter the office.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys, and other items that are difficult to clean.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting time for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You will be asked to bring a face mask or to wear one provided when you enter the office.
- You will have scheduled Teledentistry encounters with Dr. Galan, hygienist, or any other member of our team before or after your visits in order to expedite your visits.
- Please have all of your forms filled out prior to your visits and let us know in advance if you are having problems accessing them online.
- Please be on time for your appointment; any arrivals later than 15 minutes will be rescheduled with a charge.
- Estimated payments may be required prior to or at the time of service to minimize paperwork, expedite your appointments, reduce delays, and decrease cross-contamination.